HPP on the Rhone at Massongex - Bex
The hydropower plant is planned on the Rhone near Massongex-Bex above Lake Geneva.
It involves the construction of a new low-pressure resp. ron-of-river power pland for hydroelectric production as part of the sustainability strategy. The impound section above the mobile weir has a very small storage volume. The annual production is estimated at 75.5 GWh/year.
The main works of the powerplant are the following:
- Gated weir with 4 bays for flood discharge (2’500 m³/s)
- a powerhouse located on the left bank, equipped with 2 units (Hmoy=7.79 m,
Q=2 x 110 m³/s, P=2 x 7.5 MW);
- consolidation of the river banks both upstream and downstream;
- lowering of the river bed both upstream and downstream in order to increase
- a fish pass;
- a small unit to turbine the attraction flow of the fish pass.
Bex (VD) et Massongex (VS)
Consortium Massongex-Bex-Rhône (MBR)
Start of services date
End of services date
Civil designs; Construction supervision; General planning / management; Preliminary studies